Welcome to our work together. These are a few facts to ensure your booking experience is smooth.
- My booking system can be reached via this link: https://behaviouralparenting.janeapp.com/
- You are welcome to book as many as sessions as you believe you will need and on a frequency you determine, in order to best meet your treatment goals. I am happy to offer my input on this.
- My booking system is live so book your session/s as soon as you know you want that date/time. I am unable to reserve spots for clients.
- My schedule typically fills up quickly so book several months in advance for maximum choice.
- If you cannot find the day/time you want, please use the waitlist function. Should an opening arise, you will be given the option to accept or decline the opening.
I am a registered psychologist which means if you have extended health benefits our sessions should qualify for some reimbursement depending on the parameters of your insurance company. Please note:
- I will email you a copy of your session invoice at each session, but payment is expected regardless of whether you receive an invoice.
- Payment is kindly appreciated at the time of the session. Prompt payment helps me pay my quarterly taxes and other overhead expenses on time. When clients do not pay on time, I am forced to chase and nag rather than enjoy my time seeing clients!!
- Once payment has been received, I will email you a receipt for your records.
- This receipt is what you will use to submit a claim to your insurance company if that applies to your situation.
Sessions run on a 50” therapy hour. This is unique to our profession. I will make efforts to wind down the session at about 45” so that we can end on time. If I am working with your child/teen, please make them aware of this as this can be a little confusing at first.
I will always ensure we have a planned agenda for our session, but I welcome your input and my agenda can always be postponed in favour of yours. However, please do not feel as though you need to come to session with an organized list of things to address unless you want to.
However, please do come to session ready to work. Sessions flow best when you:
- Are rested and well nourished (food, drink, etc)
- Have no distractions (pls turn off notifications, find a quiet space, etc)
- Are not engaged in other tasks (driving, working, etc.)
- Have the mental energy to concentrate and collaborate on your own care