- I am racist (even when I don't mean to be, am working actively to not do harm, and care deeply for my clients). I will work actively towards acknowledgment of how I am racist, how my behaviours are reflective of a racist system, how I specifically benefit from this system (sometimes unbeknownst to myself and others), and target ways I can build a supportive culture for BIPoC in my clinic.
- I will acknowledge my biases and privileges. Some biases may be unconscious and I will work actively to develop a racial consciousness.
- I will approach with curiosity and work to reduce defensiveness.
- I will take risks. I wil acknowledge and repair when the impact is racist. I will model effective anti-racist behaviour in front of my clients and colleagues.
- I will not ignore racism. I will address directly, clearly, and immediately.
- I will educate myself about the institutional legacy and space I am inheriting.
- I will intervene at the approriate level (institutional, structural, group, individual, familial).
Many thanks to Faria Kamal for sharing this posting